Strong Advocacy From Skilled Auto Accident Attorneys in Georgia
Exceptional counsel from a respected Dalton personal injury law firm
Whenever we get behind the wheel, we try to use reasonable care and expect other drivers to do the same. But that is not always the case, as is clear from the sometimes startling incidence of accidents on Georgia roadways. There are more than 325,000 auto crashes on Georgia’s roads and highways each year, many resulting in serious injury or death. An injury caused by another motorist can leave you with high medical bills, pain and suffering and the inability to work. It’s up to you to seek compensation from insurance companies if you’re facing these hardships.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of another driver’s negligence, speak with Mitchell & Mitchell, PC. Our experienced Dalton personal injury lawyers deliver high-quality legal service, whether your case involves a settlement or litigation.
Auto accidents occur in myriad ways
Motor vehicle accidents happen every day, causing life-altering injuries or fatalities. Collisions can occur from any direction and on any roadway, including highways, thoroughfares, neighborhood streets and intersections. They can involve cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles and pedestrians, whose injuries are often more severe because of the lack of physical protection.
Common causes of car accidents that may indicate negligence include:
- Distracted driving — Texting, phoning, eating, grooming, reading, navigating and adjusting the radio all have served to increase the rate accidents in Georgia and elsewhere.
- Drunk or drugged driving — Drivers impaired by alcohol contributed to 24 percent of Georgia auto fatalities in 2016.
- Speeding — Fatal crashes involving speeding amounted for 17 percent of Georgia’s total road deaths.
- Reckless driving — Failing to yield the right of way, making an improper lane change or running someone off the road can result in serious car crashes.
- Bad weather — Accidents often result from drivers not slowing down or taking other cautions to account for poor visibility or hazardous road conditions due to the weather.
- Vehicle and road defects — Vehicle defects that go unrepaired can put motorists at risk, as can roads that are poorly maintained or undergoing reconstruction.
From our Dalton law office, our attorneys help victims of motor vehicle accidents and their families obtain the money they need to recoup their expenses and get back on their feet.
Auto accidents can cause life-altering injuries
Car accidents can cause a range of serious, sometimes permanent injuries. Common ones include cuts, burns, lacerations, concussions, broken bones and muscle and ligament damage. Traumatic brain or neck injuries can result from drivers or passengers impacting dashboards, windows and other hard objects. Internal bleeding and organ damage is also possible.
Severe collisions and vehicle rollovers can lead to vertebrae and disk injuries and spinal cord damage, which in turn can cause nerve damage and full or partial paralysis. Loss of a body part, disfigurement or blindness may also be permanent legacies. In the worst case, the accident may result in death, either immediately or after a period of suffering.
Getting immediate diagnosis and evaluation of your injuries is essential not only to treatment but also to determining whether another driver is liable and to what extent. If you were injured in an accident, contact our attorneys as soon as possible so we can work to preserve evidence and begin investigating your case.
What should you do after a motor vehicle accident?
After obtaining medical treatment for personal injuries, speak with a skilled attorney. Don’t give any statements to insurance companies or admit any degree of fault before you seek legal assistance. Give your lawyer a complete account of the accident.
With any auto accident case, you need a Dalton attorney who delivers the following:
- Complete investigations — Our lawyers thoroughly examine the details of your motor vehicle crash, using what we discover to determine who was at fault. We then seek damages from responsible parties and their insurance companies.
- An aggressive approach to insurance companies — The job of insurance companies is to prevent injured people from receiving monetary damages to which they may be entitled. We’re not afraid to battle with insurers to make sure your injury settlement is fair and covers your expenses.
- Maximized recovery — Our firm is committed to earning you the compensation you need to make a full physical, mental and emotional recovery. You shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences for someone else’s poor driving or negligence.
Our dedicated personal injury attorneys can help reduce the hardship of high medical bills, pain and suffering and lost wages from the inability to work.
Consult with Dalton personal injury attorney to explore your options
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, speak with the lawyers at Mitchell & Mitchell, PC by calling 706-508-4614 or contact us online to set up an appointment. We do not charge a consultation fee in these cases and we get paid only if we obtain a recovery for you. Our firm serves people in Dalton and throughout Whitfield County.